home     inspiration     our ♥ story     reviews      mobile     diy & thrifting     contact me





Friday, November 25, 2011

my next diy!

To complete this project wear an old, large t-shirt. begin by wrapping yourself in duct tape snugly, but not too tightly. Be sure to add plastic wrap to protect your neck from the scratchy tape!
Add a second and a third layer of tape in shorter pieces to smooth out all the bumps. 
Cut straight up the middle of the back to remove the form and use for all your diy projects!

I have been scouring the web for a cheap dress form or mannequin, but they are just so hard to come by anymore! Today I found this awesome diy tutorial on A Matter of Style on how to make your very own using only duct tape, plastic wrap, and an old long t-shirt. Did I mention it can be made for under $20?!  
I will be making this as soon as I can get my hands on some duct tape and will post my own pics and tutorial.
If you can't wait that long and you are dying to know how it's done, visit A Matter of Style! They have so many diy projects that are cheap, easy, and so fun to do!
all image credit: A Matter of Style  
FollowHER SOJOURN

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a clever idea!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving and reading comments, so feel free to share what's on your mind! Be sure to leave your name & blog address so we can check you out! ♥